Power yoga is a modern form of yoga that is inspired by traditional yoga (Ashtanga Yoga). It gained popularity in the 1990s and is a forceful and energetic form of workout. If you are the kind of person who enjoys a fast, sweaty workout at home, then power yoga is meant for you. All that needs to be done is signing up for a power yoga practice online.
As power yoga is a powerful form of exercise, it builds strength and endurance and increases flexibility. It is good for getting in shape as it involves a vigorous workout routine. It will also increase your stamina and improve your cardiovascular health.
Online power yoga classes will help you achieve all these benefits from the best teachers without even stepping out of your home.
Is online yoga practise as effective as studio practice?
- One of the most significant advantages of online classes is that you can live stream the classes. There is no need to watch pre-recorded videos if you want to interact with your instructor directly. Live streaming brings in all the benefits of a yoga studio along with the convenience of being at your home.
- Learn at your own pace. This is very quickly possible because you can replay the recorded session. As a practitioner, you can take as much time as you want to learn a posture. This time flexibility is always not available in a yoga studio.
- Practising yoga helps in being mindful, leading to form a deeper connection between mind and body.
- With online yoga practice, you can connect to teachers anywhere in the world. Online classes help in building a global community.
- As a beginner, many feel intimidated or self-conscious while practising yoga in front of their peers. In such cases, online classes are the best option. You can practise at your own pace and polish your skills.
- When it comes to learning yoga from the online portal, there are lots and lots of options. You can choose from different yoga forms; you can listen to the renowned teacher’s lectures and get guidance regarding other nutrition types. Online classes provide a lot of perks and benefits.
- Apart from the perks and benefits while enrolling on online classes, you can schedule classes according to your time and space.
There are various forms of power yoga classes, but power yoga involves less meditation and chanting than traditional yoga. Anyone who wants to practice power yoga needs to prepare themselves up for hard work. Even though it seems like a lot of work, completing a 30-minute session of power yoga will make you feel like you are on the top of the world. After a good sweaty workout, our body releases serotonin, endorphins responsible for making us feel good. Also, doing a high-intensity workout increases the blood flow levels throughout the body and improves the digestive system, gut system, immune system and cardiovascular health.
Even though power yoga is a very recent form of workout, it is still practiced by millions of people all over the world. You can be one of those people. Power yoga is equally beneficial as traditional yoga. It just depends on the person’s personal choice of which form of yoga they want to practice. So don’t believe if anyone says that power yoga is not exactly a form of yoga. It is just a modernized version of traditional yoga, and no matter whichever form you choose, both provide almost equal health benefits. Go ahead look for the best yoga class, then unfurl your yoga mat and start practicing it.